Overview: Motion Theater® Teacher Training Level 1
For dedicated Motion Theater practitioners who are ready to learn to teach the form in their communities, we have established a training program that results in formal certification as a Level 1 Motion Theater Teacher (MTT1).
Level 1 Motion Theater Training Will Consist of:
- 6 weekends and a 5-day retreat: 160 hours
- 20 hours of teaching practicum
- 50 hours of studio work/practice with cohort
Schedule 2015 - 2016
Aug 8–9 Saturday / Sunday
Sept 12–13 Saturday / Sunday
Oct 10–11 Saturday / Sunday
Nov 13–15 Friday / Saturday / Sunday
Dec 4–6 Friday / Saturday / Sunday
Jan 8–10 Friday / Saturday / Sunday
Mar 11–15, 2016 Friday / Saturday / Sunday / Monday / Tuesday
All classes are from 10am – 6pm at Wildcat Studio: 2525 8th Street., Berkeley CA
Level 1 Motion Theater Teacher Training curriculum includes the following:
Weekend One: Basic principles and foundation practices
Weekend Two: Ensemble Form
Weekend Three: Duet Form
Weekend Four: Solo Form
Weekend Five: Teaching Tools: Structure, Feedback, Problem-solving
Weekend Six: Intensive practice teaching with supervision
Practicum: 20 hours of practice teaching either individually or in teams
5-Day Retreat: Teach demonstration class and receive feedback and support
Completion of Level 1 Training will enable certified teachers to join the Motion Theater Teachers’ Network whereupon they can offer beginning and intermediate classes, workshops and retreats in Motion Theater.
Benefits of Teaching Motion Theater:
- Inspire life-changing experiences in your students
- Awaken creativity in yourself and your students
- Increase energy, passion and playful aliveness in yourself and others
- Develop your own leadership/teaching style
- Continue to deepen your understanding of the form
- Generate a fee based income stream
- Offer training in a field that interests you: i.e., health and healing, recovery, spiritual growth, performance art, corporate training, therapy
Fee Structure and Payment Plans
$900 deposit due by July 1, 2015. Remainder due August 8.
Early Bird Special:
$4200 if paid in full by July 1, 2015 (a $300 savings)
Optional payment plan: 5 payments of $900 each
Due July 3, August 8, September 12, October 10, November 13
We will carefully review all applications we receive. If your application is approved, you will be invited to participate in the 2015 Motion Theater Teacher Training. We will inform you of our decision by July 15, 2015.
There is a non-refundable $45 application fee which can be paid online or by check made out to Motion and sent to:
310 4th Street, San Francisco, CA 94107.
If you have any questions, call us at 415.459.3766, or email us here.